• CD Title: Classical Tango Argentino
• Artist(s): Trio Hugo Diaz
• CD Code: EUCD1997
• Tracks: 15
• Playing Time: 44:41 min
• Booklet Pages: 16
• Booklet Description: Bio info on Hugo Diaz,
Luis Etchebarne, Vinicio Ascone
• Booklet Info in: English, German, Spanish
The Argentine Tango is not only a style of music, but also a dance. The dance however has nothing to do with the strenuous, jerky, rigid and artificial movements of the European tango, even though it shares the name. The Argentine Tango is a much more authentic, lively expression of everyday experiences and feelings.
The Tango is the product of diverse cultural influences like the Candombe (a ritual dance of East African slaves, deported to South America), the Habanera (dance from Spain and Cuba) and the Milonga (rural Creole dance). The immigrants from Italy and other areas of Europe were the most important influences. A typical example of creativity from a multi-cultural society evolved from the fertile soil of loneliness, conflict and longing for the lost motherland.
For the last decade the tango has experienced a renaissance. The famous formation "Tango Argentino" contributed to the fact that Europe, Japan and North America were again consumed with it.
Hugo Díaz dedicates this record especially to the tango dancers and shows his skills with his heart and soul. For this purpose he consciously chose a clear simple rhythm. Pure music fans will appreciate his typical original flavour, the rhythmical presence of Luis Etchebarne and the virtuoso playing of Vinicio Ascone.
The tango of Hugo Díaz is highly imaginative and of high artistic quality. The perfect ensemble playing of the musicians is proven in the continuous variation of speed and rhythm and fine interpretations of tango stories: they touch our souls and let us vibrate with the tango and its brilliant performers
1. Otoño porteño / Melancolico Buenos Aires (Astor Piazzolla) / Montevideo otonal (Hugo Díaz) - 4:49
2. Berlin 89 (Luis Etchebarne / Toto da'Mario) - 2:05
3. Valses - 3:47
Un momento (Héctor Stamponi / Homero Expósito) / Un placer (Vicente Romeo / Andrés Alietta) / Gota de lluvia (Héctor Stamponi) / Sueno de juventud (Enrique Santos Discépolo) / Palomita blanca (Anselmo Aieta / Garcia Giménez)
4. Nostálgico (Julián Plaza) - 3:10
5. Sur (Aníbal Troilo) - 1:31
6. Nocturna (Julián Plaza) - 2:43
7. Que noche (Agustín Bardi) - 4:08
8. Taquito militar (Mariano Mores) - 2:16
9. Restonso (Aníbal Troilo) - 3:27
10. Alfonsina y el mar (Ariel Ramírez) - 2:34
11. A Don Horacio Salgan (Luis Etchebarne) - 2:15
12. Al potrillo (Hugo Díaz) - 1:33
13. La que nunca tuvo novio (Agustín Bardi) - 3:09
14. La cachila (Eduardo Arolas) - 2:40
15. El arranque (Francisco de Caro) - 4:34