• CD Title: Scotland the Brave
• Artist(s): Stonehaven Pipe Band
• CD Code: EUCD2044
• Tracks: 13
• Playing Time: 52:08 min
• Booklet Info in: English, Spanish, French, German
The Stonehaven Pipe Band present marches, strathspey, reels, airs, jigs and hornpipes. Additionally to the Scottish repertoire they also include more remote Celtic regions such as Brittany, Asturias and Galicia (Spain) and Ireland. The Band has established itself as one of Scotland's premier pipe bands, cultivating its own distinctive musical style, covering the complete Celtic folk tradition.
Stonehaven Pipe Band
Stonehaven, situated just South of Aberdeen on the northeast coast of Scotland, has a long tradition of piping stretching back to the 19th century. The modern band began on its road to success by joining the Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association and entering into the world of competition.
Since that time it has progressed steadily up through the ranks until today, where it has firmly established itself as one of Scotland's premier pipe bands. The average age of the players is 22; they are one of the youngest bands ever to compete at this senior level.
As the band has grown and developed, it has cultivated its own distinctive musical style. This album clearly demonstrates how their repertoire slips smoothly from traditional Scottish melodies through the strict disciplines of the traditional march, strathspey and reel, to the innovative dance music of Brittany and Galicia.
1. 6/8 Marches - The Glendaruel Highlanders / The 10th Battalion H.L.I. Crossing the Rhine / Cock of the North - 4:26
2. March, Strathspey & Reel - The Clan Macrae Society - The Ewe Wi' the Crooked Horn / Loch Carron - 4:22
3. Slow Air & Jigs - Breton Air / Pour Ignacio - 4:07
4. Strathspey & Reels - Susan MacLeod / The Islay Ball / The Smiths of Chilliehassie / John Morrison of Assynt House - 4:43
5. Medley - The Three Wheeled Rabbit / The Price of a Pig / Kenny MacDonald's Jig / The Panda / She Walked Through the Fair / A.A. Cameron's Strathspey / Helen Young / Madame Bonaparte - 5:38
6. 4/4 Marches - The Battle of Waterloo / Killiecrankie / Scotland the Brave / The Rowan Tree - 3:05
7. Slow Air & Jigs - The Water is Wide / Galician Jig / Asturian Jig - 2:51
8. 2/4 Marches - The Stirlingshire Militia / Hugh Kennedy M.A. B.Sc. / P/M Willie Maclean - 4:58
9. Pipe Solo - Jig of Slurs / Donald Maclean / Donella Beaton - 3:09
10. Hornpipes - The Queen of the Rushes / The Muckle Dram - 2:53
11. Medley - Spogan / Jane Campbell / Braes of Mar / Hamilton's Nutsack / Suo Gan / The Humours of Cork / Kelly's Jig / The Pie-Eyed Piper - 6:11
12. Trio - Dark Rum & Crabbies / The Hungarian Fiddler and the Country Girl / The Hungarian Fiddler and the Country Girl / Na Goisidich - 2:58
13. Air - The Mingulay Boat Song - 2:47