• CD Title: Modern Bellydance from Lebanon
• Artist(s): Bashir Abdel 'Aal
• CD Code: EUCD2040
• Tracks: 9
• Playing Time: 53:55 min
• Booklet Info in: English, Spanish, French, German
Bashir Abdel 'Aal (nay, kawala) and Mazin Abu Sayf (accordion, piano, keyboards, sequencer) present an album of great new belly dance pieces. Almost one hour of modern, lively and upbeat music - excellent to dance to.
Bashir Abdel 'Aal
Bashir was born in Damascus, Syria, into a family of musicians. His father was a virtuoso of the quanoon (Arabic zither) in Egypt and his brothers are all accomplished musicians: Aboud, Mounir and Fouad are virtuoso violinists and Nabil plays guitar and bass.
After moving to Beirut, Lebanon, Bashir quickly became known throughout the Middle East for his virtuoso flute playing both in orchestras as well as accompanying some of the most famous Middle Eastern artists such as Farid Al Atrash, Fouad Mohammed, Mohammed Abdul Wahab, Abdul Halim Hafiz and others.
In 1977 he moved to England, settling in London, and has since become renowned as one of the finest exponents of the nay. He has played on countless film and TV scores and even for rock artist Jimmy Page and Robert Plant on their "No Quarter - Unledded" album (Bashir played in the famous 'Kashmir session'.)
Recently he has been touring with the group 'Nara' with Abdullah Chhadeh and musicians from many nations working together on musical projects.
Bashir Abdel 'Aal
1. Yabo Dihka Genan (Farid Al Atrash) - 5:35
2. Zannoba (Farid Al Atrash) - 2:58
3. Oly Wala Tkhabeesh (Zakarya Ahmed) - 5:36
4. Alhelwa Dayer Shobak-ha (Mohammad Al Moogy) - 7:00
5. Algawy (Sayed Mikawi) - 7:13
6. Ala-meen (Balegh Hamdy) - 7:06
7. Falaah (Moneer Morad) - 6:17
8. Wihyatak Ya Sheikh Masoud (Ibrahim Roafat) - 6:53
9. Al Eeh Bisalooni (Balegh Hamdy) - 5:17